L4Dmaps
<a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com/" rel="nofollow" target=_blank>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes
CS:GO Maps and Mods
Left in Equestria created by CrazyTwilight
This thread contains 158 posts
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16

(551)
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 3:35 pm 
First and for most... it is a "Pony" map, and it is being made... if you are one of the many "anti-pony" people I have seen on this site... don't even bother reading any further... this is a topic dictated to the creation of the campaign...

So on to the topic... I am indeed making it...
I am trying to make it resemble Equestria accurately enough for the Bronies to enjoy, while making it not so blatantly obvious enough for the non bronies to enjoy as well... Currently I have been gathering resources to make this happen... and while there are still somethings I am missing, they are nothing to crucial...

So far, this is the general layout of the campaign...
Chapter 1 - Everfree Forest = Start in the ancient ruins seen in Ep. 2, make your way out of the forest to sweet apple acres. Will most likely try to include the swamp from Ep. 15 and Zecora's Hunt
Chapter 2 - Ponyville = Start in the fortified Barn then make your way through ponyville... the landmarks you will see should be pretty damn obvious to the those who watch the show...
Chapter 3 - Cloudsdale = HOW you get here is beyond me at this point... for the map itself... it will include the arena from Ep. 16 as well as the weather factory... escape by working the factory to create a rainbow bridge to your next destination
Chapter 4 - Canterlot = If there are any landmarks here... let me know... I honestly can't think of any for here... this map will most likely be made from scratch without much of a reference... with the exception of some references in Ep 9 in season 2
Chapter 5 - The royal castle = This might be split into two chapters depending on what the finale will be... two chapters for standard finale and one chapter for the gauntlet finale...

For the questions....
1. How will the survivors reach Cloudsdale?
2. Landmarks for Chapter 4?
3. What will the finale be? both in terms of style of finale and purpose... what are the survivors trying to do?

I will need help with some aspects... but I won't ask for that help till I have atleast one chapter ready for testing...

Go ahead and post any ideas, comments, feedback, etc... all feedback in go towards making this the best MLP map I can possibly make...

"Real life is a nightmare of a dream..."

"Not the friend you would like to have... nor the enemy you wish to acquire...
The kindest, most laid-back soul you will ever know... or the epitome of a living nightmare you wish to forget..."

(1)
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 3:37 pm 
Neat.

(331)
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 3:52 pm 
Oh my Gosh this sound awesome! I can't wait to see how it progresses.

As for Cloudsdale, I'm not sure how they'd get there. A helicopter may work but there aren't any in MLP:FiM. A hot-air balloon may be pretty tricky also.

For Canterlot maybe starting out near the waterfalls / lillypad-filled lake / pond and crossing the bridge and closing the gates to stop infected (?). Some of the noticeable landmarks in Canterlot are the observatory, bridge, tall towers, and the large tree somewhere near the front-center of the city. I don't remember if the show lets you see the tree but you can see it using a picture of Canterlot: http://tinyurl.com/7jyzo7u .

Finale is kind of tricky. Besides trying to escape, do you want them to have a greater purpose? Maybe ending the Infection, saving / protecting the city or all of Equestria, or even to retrieve the Elements of Harmony that are kept in the castle to prevent them being harmed? ( I like the idea of saving / protecting / hiding the Elements for another pony generation after the Infection finally ceases in the future so Celestia could possibly return and restore Equestria, to be honest (; )

"Oh. One million, seven hundred and thirty-two thousand, four hundred and thirteen to one."

'A good worker is a live worker! Paid to live --and work! A bad worker, is a dead worker, and a slave! A good worker's pay is postponed indefinitely, but a bad worker's pay is cancelled.'

(1702)
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 3:54 pm 
wait, aren't you the guy who wrote into MLP mods comment section, how fag and gay shit the game turns because of pony mods? and now youre doing pony maps? youre strange

(551)
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 4:21 pm 
funreal wrote:
wait, aren't you the guy who wrote into MLP mods comment section, how fag and gay shit the game turns because of pony mods? and now youre doing pony maps? youre strange

When did I ever say this?
I don't recall ever saying anything of the manner on any MLP mods...

Whoever you're thinking of... it's not me...

Professional wrote:
A hot-air balloon may be pretty tricky also.

Let me worry about how it will work... getting there by means of hot air balloon is probably the best bet... especially since it was done in the show as well ;)

The kindest, most laid-back soul you will ever know... or the epitome of a living nightmare you wish to forget..."

(348)
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 4:52 pm 
Sounds like a plan, glad to finally see someone taking an MLP campaign so serious
:)

(83)
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 6:25 pm 
CrazyTwilight wrote:
Professional wrote:

Let me worry about how it will work... getting there by means of hot air balloon is probably the best bet... especially since it was done in the show as well ;)

Or you could use the royal cart that the princesses use, but that requires surviving royal guards, so if the cart way is done, then you'll need a story behind the royal guards on how they survived the apocalypse.

(331)
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 6:31 pm 
Kitsune12 wrote:
CrazyTwilight wrote:
Professional wrote:

Or you could use the royal cart that the princesses use, but that requires surviving royal guards, so if the cart way is done, then you'll need a story behind the royal guards on how they survived the apocalypse.

Lol, zombie guards...

"Oh. One million, seven hundred and thirty-two thousand, four hundred and thirteen to one."

'A good worker is a live worker! Paid to live --and work! A bad worker, is a dead worker, and a slave! A good worker's pay is postponed indefinitely, but a bad worker's pay is cancelled.'

(331)
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 6:31 pm 
Professional wrote:

CrazyTwilight wrote:

(:

(551)
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 6:51 pm 

proportions need some work... but this is just to show what I am doing for references...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16