|| In Production | Currently: 41% complete |
(ETA: Q4 2012)
Features original music, mini-quests, textures and game mechanics.Click here to watch the teaser trailer on YouTube
While flying over rocky terrain and with fog impairing visibility, the helicopter pilot flying the Survivors to safety misjudges his clearance and crashes in the wilderness outside Beldurra's city limits. The pilot is killed on impact, and the Survivors are also injured in the wreck. Beldurra: Rift
is told as a prequel to Beldurra
Lost, injured and poorly provisioned, the Survivors must navigate through rocky valleys to get into a ruined city aquarium. Once there, they must guard a cart of replacement generators which will allow them to route power to additional lights/defenses in the finale.
They also find that they aren't the first to seek shelter in the Beldurra Aquarium. A research outfit has set up shop deep inside the aquarium, selecting the location because of its capacity for water purification, which is useful to both their research and for sustaining their ranks. They are developing a cure for the infection, and have had some success in early trials. Some of the treated infected even show signs of the disease's regression, though they are still too dangerous to be released into the wild. Instead, the researchers employ "recovering" infected in a sealed network of kiosks inside the aquarium, providing aid to the researchers and any survivors they encounter. Most of the recovering infected are still unable to talk, and are instead called "Orderly: Human, Autonomous Infected", or "OHAI" for short.
The finale takes place in the aquarium atrium, where the Survivors must hold out long enough for power to be restored to the doors, permitting exit to an escape vehicle. Available defenses will depend heavily on the number of generators successfully escorted in the previous map.
Actions taken or skipped in each map have consequences in the next.Chapter 1: Terror Firma (100% complete)
- Survivors begin with reduced health
- MINIQUEST! - There are 4 gnomes scattered throughout the map. Any that you take into Map 2 can be exchanged immediately for gear and bonuses.
- Destructible structures
- High road or low road? Lots of route choices! Divide and conquer or proceed as a group.
- Bridge and ledge sections force you to watch your step from time to time.
- Water effects and submerged areas
- Build pipe bombs
Compile info: Compile time (Normal/Normal+HDR): 00:01:14
| portalclusters: 250 | numportals: 504 | faces: 3058 | entdata: 38.2% |Chapter 2: Shot in the Dark (42% complete)
- New NPC faction! - Will give you gear and $ for gnomes.
- New "Team Wallet" system! - Complete miniquests, search registers, some corpses and elsewhere for $ that can be used for small health boosts at snack machines.
- ESCORT MISSION! - Guard the transporter carrying replacement generators for Map 3. Any generators that make it to the end intact can be used to route light to additional exhibits in Aqueaux Fin.
- Scripted events! Hazards! Dynamically-driven events and gear!
| portalclusters: Ø | numportals: Ø | faces: Ø | entdata: ØChapter 3: Aqueux Fin (0% complete)
- Takes place inside a ruined urban aquarium's atrium. Survivors must defend the atrium until power to the doors is restored, when they must run outside to get in an armored van and escape.
| portalclusters: Ø | numportals: Ø | faces: Ø | entdata: ØDevelopment System:
Dell XPS 8300
Intel Core i7-2600 (4x 3.4ghz)
Nvidia GTX 560ti (1.25GB) + twin HD display
8GB DDR3 RAM
500GB primary + 2TB secondary + 1.5TB detatched