L4Dmaps
<a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com/" rel="nofollow" target=_blank>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes
CS:GO Maps and Mods
fog inside building - how to disable? created by Paz
This thread contains 9 posts

(178)
PostPosted: September 24th, 2012, 3:30 pm 
Hello there, I have a quick question.
What brush entity is needed to prevent fog to appear within it's volume?

Thank you for answering :)

(609)
PostPosted: September 24th, 2012, 9:00 pm 
Paz wrote:

You will need to use fog_volume tool texture and make a brush. Also if i remeber correctly, you need to have secondary fog entities which the fog_volume brush is refering to.

Final Salvation [Demo]
U.S. Postal Service truck
Repainted van (Painted black with flame)
Repainted van (Painted black)

(50)
PostPosted: September 25th, 2012, 8:43 am 
aaWee wrote:
Paz wrote:

You will need to use fog_volume tool texture and make a brush. Also if i remeber correctly, you need to have secondary fog entities which the fog_volume brush is refering to.

Can this be used to make outdoor sections not have fog too? I have large areas where I don't want fog outside but would like it elsewhere, this possible?

70's Smoker (Life's a Beach)
Lifeguard Jockey (Life's a Beach)
Fisherman Charger (Life's a Beach)
Hobo Hunter (Life's a Beach)
Junkie Spitter

(178)
PostPosted: September 25th, 2012, 8:45 am 
But I'm using an env_fog_controller

(600)
PostPosted: September 25th, 2012, 8:53 am 
Prospect wrote:
Can this be used to make outdoor sections not have fog too? I have large areas where I don't want fog outside but would like it elsewhere, this possible?

Yup. If you already have a master env_fog_controller (as in, your "default" fog has the "Master" flag checked), then just make a second env_fog_controller, make sure the Master flag is not checked, give it a name, and give it whatever fog style (or lack thereofof) you want.

In areas where you want to use a different fog, draw a volume textured with fog_volume and tie to entity fog_volume, and put your "empty fog"'s name in the Fog Name field.

Beldurra 2

(609)
PostPosted: September 25th, 2012, 9:49 am 
Prospect wrote:

Or you can adjust your fog entities fog density and when it starts and ends.

Final Salvation [Demo]
U.S. Postal Service truck
Repainted van (Painted black with flame)
Repainted van (Painted black)

(50)
PostPosted: September 25th, 2012, 6:31 pm 
SaveYourNeighbors wrote:
Prospect wrote:

Yup. If you already have a master env_fog_controller (as in, your "default" fog has the "Master" flag checked), then just make a second env_fog_controller, make sure the Master flag is not checked, give it a name, and give it whatever fog style (or lack thereofof) you want.

In areas where you want to use a different fog, draw a volume textured with fog_volume and tie to entity fog_volume, and put your "empty fog"'s name in the Fog Name field.

Nice! I shall try all this out soon.

70's Smoker (Life's a Beach)
Lifeguard Jockey (Life's a Beach)
Fisherman Charger (Life's a Beach)
Hobo Hunter (Life's a Beach)
Junkie Spitter

(178)
PostPosted: September 26th, 2012, 5:26 am 
Thank you, this really helped me out!

(78)
PostPosted: October 20th, 2012, 10:47 pm 
Is there any way to smooth the transition? My building is so large that you can see fog inside the building as you walk up to it, but the trigger for fog volume is in the doorway so the fog abruptly vanishes as u walk inside...