Sound mods are by far one of the easiest mods to create, and it just got 10x easier.Note: This application is approved by L4DMaps.
Introducing the simple yet powerful Sound Mod Creator, developed exclusively for the L4DMaps community. Using this intuitive tool, gamers and modders alike can quickly create sound mods in literally five seconds
. Replacing in-game music is astonishingly simple; the program takes care of everything from converting your MP3/WAV/OGG/AAC/AC3 etc. files into a Valve-compatible format to even generating VPK files for sharing (optional). Users can package multiple sound mods into one sharable VPK or easily use the tool to customize L4D2 to cater individual needs.
Using the tool is a no-brainer. It takes three simple steps:
1. Select your music file
2. Select a L4D2 audio file to replace
3. Click the "Add Sound to Game" button
What's the advantage? There is no need to worry about converting files to the appropriate bitrate and file format or the hassle of packaging the sounds into a VPK.Features:
- Comes with an easy-to-use built-in VPK extractor.
- Automatic file conversion
- Custom L4D2 Sound Browser
- Debugging/testing your sounds
- Automatically manages your modded sound library
- Easily remove and add new sounds/music
- Automatic VPK generation to share your music (please note that it will not create sound caches, which is OK for most things)
If you decide to replace game music with copyrighted songs
share the content on L4DMaps! As you know, sharing copyrighted music is illegal. Keep it on your own PC please, and customize the music to your taste.System Requirements:
Windows XP or later
Genuine copy of L4D2Run as administrator if you are on Windows 7 or Vista.Download:Mediafire MirrorMirror 2
(thanks to SaveYourNeighbors)Video Tutorial (credits to funreal)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv7BCTKI ... e=youtu.be