L4Dmaps
<a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com/" rel="nofollow" target=_blank>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes
CS:GO Maps and Mods
New 4 Chapter Campaign: The Clatsop created by theschout
This thread contains 9 posts

(14)
PostPosted: October 20th, 2012, 12:30 pm 
So, a few months ago, I made a campaign that had new survivors, it took place at California, and took place at a beach resort. Unfortunately, someone coincidentally had new survivors, took place in California, and took place at a beach resort. I scrapped the idea, and decided to come up with a new one. It has new survivors still, but it will take place at Astoria, Oregon. The story is that the survivors were seeking for rescue, until they find a backpack. It had a radio and the other person on the line said that he can help them. The survivors had to get to him across the Columbia river. The chapters for the campaign are:
1. The Office
2. The Crossing
3. The Boardwalk
4. The Cable Car

Yeah, its a pretty long campaign. It would be great if someone would like to help me with the campaign. I hope you enjoy the idea and if you would like to help out.

P.S. if this post seems familiar, I accidentally put it in the wrong forums. Sorry. Also, it was originally 7 chapters, but I figured I could merge chapters together to have less chapters.

EDIT: I have posted a sketch of what the first chapter will look like. If something looks unclear, I will make an improved version of the map because I kind of rushed the design.

NEW EDIT: I decided to change up the first chapter. Now I know what you are thinking, "Wasn't that the map you were working on, and you scrap it?" It appears yes, because I felt the optimization was going to be rather difficult as there are tons of cargo and boat props, and it hard to hide them. Also, I decided to have it be like the fist campaigns of the l4d series, as they all start in a building. L4D1 starts in an apartment, and L4D2, it starts in a hotel. THe first chapter for my campaign is going to be an office. don't worry everyone, I did plan out the concept of it and what the map design will be like.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(609)
PostPosted: October 20th, 2012, 1:36 pm 
theschout wrote:
So, a few months ago, I made a campaign that had new survivors, it took place at California, and took place at a beach resort. Unfortunately, someone coincidentally had new survivors, took place in California, and took place at a beach resort. I scrapped the idea, and decided to come up with a new one. It has new survivors still, but it will take place at Astoria, Oregon. The story is that the survivors were seeking for rescue, until they find a backpack. It had a radio and the other person on the line said that he can help them. The survivors had to get to him across the Columbia river. The chapters for the campaign are:
1. The Docks
2. The River
3. The Gallery
4. The Hotel
5. The Construction Site
6. The Cliff Side
7. The Cable Car

Yeah, its a pretty long campaign. It would be great if someone would like to help me with the campaign. I hope you enjoy the idea and if you would like to help out.

P.S. if this post seems familiar, I accidentally put it in the wrong forums. Sorry.

If you want people to help you, you should show something what is your skill level (pictures or your SDK/authroring tools time). That way right people could contact back at you. Just a suggestion, and good luck!

Final Salvation [Demo]
U.S. Postal Service truck
Repainted van (Painted black with flame)
Repainted van (Painted black)

(24)
PostPosted: October 20th, 2012, 4:13 pm 
i have no mapping skills but if you want you can use textures out of my realism pack and i still have a lot of unused textures which are not in this mod because i have chosen different ones because they were to engraving when you see them over and over again in every lvl good luck finding someone who can help you map

(14)
PostPosted: October 20th, 2012, 4:51 pm 
aaWee wrote:
theschout wrote:
1. The Docks
2. The River
3. The Gallery
4. The Hotel
5. The Construction Site
6. The Cliff Side
7. The Cable Car

P.S. if this post seems familiar, I accidentally put it in the wrong forums. Sorry.

If you want people to help you, you should show something what is your skill level (pictures or your SDK/authroring tools time). That way right people could contact back at you. Just a suggestion, and good luck!

(Tourettes Guy With Colgate Toothpaste style)
The Schout: (Calling on phone)
aaWee: Hi welcome to L4D Maps, how can I help you?
TheSchout: Yes, I one time posted map pictures on Facepunch, The one Garry Newman created, AND IT MADE ME FEEL, LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT! THE PEOPLE THERE WERE BULLSHIT!

But seriously, I one time showed pictures of my skills on facepunch, and everyone said that they sucked all because they think my campaign idea was stupid and so they can prevent me from creating with a bunch of people. But, I guess the people for L4D Maps could be better, so I could show some pictures of some of my mapping skills. The maps I made are for tf2 however, but I checked a bunch of tutorials for Hammer Tutorial and or Valve Developer Community Wiki. Should I still show the pictures?

(14)
PostPosted: October 20th, 2012, 4:53 pm 
derandy123 wrote:
i have no mapping skills but if you want you can use textures out of my realism pack and i still have a lot of unused textures which are not in this mod because i have chosen different ones because they were to engraving when you see them over and over again in every lvl good luck finding someone who can help you map

I could use them so people can see something different rather than the same textures from L4D.

(1)
PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 8:11 am 
That would be pretty cool :D

(610)
PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 8:24 am 
theschout wrote:
Should I still show the pictures?

Feel free to do so :)

(96)
PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 9:54 am 
theschout wrote:
The chapters for the campaign are:
1. The Docks
2. The River
3. The Gallery
4. The Hotel
5. The Construction Site
6. The Cliff Side
7. The Cable Car

Sounds cool! A finale with a cable car would be very interesting.

Remember, quality over quantity. Sure, 7 maps are fine if you think you can make each unique and exciting. I would rather play a high-quality three-map campaign than a poorly made five-map one.

Out of interest, I also Googled 'Clatsop'. The second link was about the county in Oregon, but the first one was about a Native American tribe. O_o

Anyway, good luck with this! I can't wait to seem some development images.

(14)
PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 11:22 am 
Brickinator wrote:
theschout wrote:
The chapters for the campaign are:
1. The Docks
2. The River
3. The Gallery
4. The Hotel
5. The Construction Site
6. The Cliff Side
7. The Cable Car

Sounds cool! A finale with a cable car would be very interesting.

Remember, quality over quantity. Sure, 7 maps are fine if you think you can make each unique and exciting. I would rather play a high-quality three-map campaign than a poorly made five-map one.

Out of interest, I also Googled 'Clatsop'. The second link was about the county in Oregon, but the first one was about a Native American tribe. O_o

Anyway, good luck with this! I can't wait to seem some development images.

Yeah, I planned out to have all the chapters unique and different in each one. Also, when I said Clatsop, I was referring to the county in Oregon, because the campaign takes place in Astoria, which is in Clatsop County.