L4Dmaps
<a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com/" rel="nofollow" target=_blank>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes
CS:GO Maps and Mods
Beginning Music not playing... created by CrazyTwilight
This thread contains 9 posts

(551)
PostPosted: June 19th, 2012, 8:45 am 
I posted this on the steam forums a few days ago... wasn't expecting replies for alittle bit... but I am getting impatient right now for the simple fact that the next version of Flood Center is ready... but the MUSIC is an important factor for me... and I don't want to release version 1.1 without the DAMN MUSIC WORKING!... even though because of the rules recently being enforced on this site might cause some backslash for the bioshock music I have implemented in the mod... I wouldn't be able to hear the music regardless...

So on to the problem...

The saferoom music plays at the beginning despite everything is set up for the typical beginning music to play... and for some reason... all music stops in some areas while they work perfectly fine in others... (which I am assuming might be a soundscape issue)

The nav is fully built and functional
The end saferoom is working fine
The nav for the beginning is marked CHECKPOINT, PLAYER_START, and EMPTY
The nav in the saferoom is marked CHECKPOINT and EMPTY
There is a working soundscape at the beginning
Start Music Type is set to "Mission Start"
Music Post-Fix String is set to "Mall"

The worst part is the previous version doesn't have this problem... the only differences between the two are new hint/skip and a couple added clip block to prevent a shortcut or two...

"Real life is a nightmare of a dream..."

"Not the friend you would like to have... nor the enemy you wish to acquire...
The kindest, most laid-back soul you will ever know... or the epitome of a living nightmare you wish to forget..."

(600)
PostPosted: June 19th, 2012, 9:22 am 
Haven't run into this particular issue, so here instead is speculation as to what the problem might be based on what I've gleaned:

- I recall the makers of I Hate Mountains saying something in an update made L4D2 soundscapes work incorrectly. I hope I'm very wrong on this.

- Does your Missions file indicate that there is custom music and/or sound? I discovered last night that these two flags are more important that I'd assumed. (For example, I couldn't get my ambient_generics to work even with native SFX until I set the "custom sounds" line of my missions.txt to "0".)

- Safe to assume your custom assets are the same format as those they're overriding? (.mp3->.mp3, .wav->.wav, etc)

Beldurra 2

(551)
PostPosted: June 19th, 2012, 9:41 am 
I appreciate the reply... but I don't think any of those are the problem... right now is you try the current version of Flood Center on this site... you will hear the custom music at the beginning... which is simply a replaced "southofhuman"... in the current version I have... it no longer plays... with minimal changes to anything that could potentially be effecting it...

I truly am stumped... :\

The kindest, most laid-back soul you will ever know... or the epitome of a living nightmare you wish to forget..."

(551)
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2012, 7:54 pm 
An uncommon issue I see...

(600)
PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 5:39 am 
If you send the file(s) I can take a look.

Beldurra 2

(78)
PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 7:31 am 
are you creating a custom sound cache for you vpk, if not the sounds wont work without it, add me to steam if you want me to walk you through it if you dont know how, steam name is 1sg_heartless

(551)
PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 12:13 pm 
1SG_HEARTLESS wrote:
are you creating a custom sound cache for you vpk, if not the sounds wont work without it, add me to steam if you want me to walk you through it if you dont know how, steam name is 1sg_heartless

There is a soundcache file

And right now... Flood Center is updating on this site... so in about 20 minutes... You can download it and see if there is anything wrong... if it is needed... then I can send the vmf.

(78)
PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 1:18 pm 
CrazyTwilight wrote:
1SG_HEARTLESS wrote:

There is a soundcache file

And right now... Flood Center is updating on this site... so in about 20 minutes... You can download it and see if there is anything wrong... if it is needed... then I can send the vmf.

Ok i will do that

(78)
PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 3:30 pm 
i Noticed the custom music is playing when i play dead center. The sound cache i make ensures the custom overwrites play on my campaign only. If you would like me to create one for you to see if that eliminates the issue, just let me know.

Made the file out of curiosity, sounds no longer plays in dead center, only on yours, and seems they sounds worked on map 1, not totally sure.....