L4Dmaps
<a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com/" rel="nofollow" target=_blank>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes
CS:GO Maps and Mods
Getting VS finale map to finish created by Roflmahwafflz
This thread contains 7 posts

(1422)
PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 2:01 pm 
Ok so i have been stuck for a little bit on my map, basically i have the co-op finale all working but the versus finale is really pissing me off.

Basically with co-op it works how it should, you cross a trigger and the music starts playing that the escape vehicle is ready, when you get to the escape vehicle it lifts up and credits roll then it goes back to lobby(with a little help from game_end entity) so the co-op finale works fine without a nav.

But now im stuck with the versus version of the finale, its setup all the same except env_outtro_stats is disabled and end_game isn't used (because end_game in co-op relied on env_outtro_stats). So now im stuck at the finale doesn't end (the escape vehicle lifts up and just sits there nothing happens afterward), and it doesn't switch to the other team (score also doesn't pop up) i would also like to say i don't have a nav in place and im not sure if it's vital to making it work and transition (because it worked fine without a nav in co-op). I tried checking out another gauntlet finale map to no avail. So can anyone possible point me to a tutorial on how to make it work for versus. (I have already read the valve dev wiki finale tutorial and it doesn't work for VS so don't bother linking that)

I would also like to keep in mind my finale doesn't have a vscript and it is marked as custom so please tell me if i need a vscript, thx. (I think it doesn't because the co-op one works and ends just fine)

So if any help could be provided that would be greatly appreciated because I would prefer to roll out this map soon (trying not to give any spoilers at all)

Breaking Bad: RV Defense

Pizza Hut Survival

Mental Madness : To Oblivion

(444)
PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 2:25 pm 
Although I am clueless to the VS problem, I would like to say that I tested out his map, and it's really epic.

The finale event starts, but what's weird is that after the animation, everything is just frozen.

(1422)
PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 3:13 pm 
Im going to add nav and see if that fixes it...
Edit:
nav added, flow works.
Me and LuKeM are going to go test the map in Co-op and versus, will report back if nav fixed versus problem. *crossing fingers*

Pizza Hut Survival

(1422)
PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 5:39 pm 
hurray. okay that problem is fixed, both teams get through and it can end/transfer but i have a few more problems:
these are all versus problems on my map. Map rundown is it is a 1 map campaign with start and finish (finale escape vehicle) Nav is complete with a full unbroken flow (specials dont get -9999 or NULL they get numbers) so the nav is fixed and working almost 100% (just need to fix lava nav)

More Map Info: There is a short onslaught event prior to the beginning of the gauntlet finale itself and between the two are several alarm cars, prior to the short onslaught is about 1/4th to 1/3rd of the map itself. I would prefer to keep this intact because I dont want the finale to run through the whole map and i don't want it to start where the onslaught is (this can be changed if proven necessary).

Here are the problems (you will receive notation in the map for your help via wall of graffiti at the end with a list of beta testers and people who helped):

1) sometimes both teams don't get to play their round as either survivor or infected. after the first team gets to be survivors and they die or finish the match ends as if both went but other team doesn't get score or anything, this happens on its own randomly but it almost never happens in the first match of which bot get to play (it happens after a restart)

2) When a team makes it to the escape vehicle no matter who died where it gives everyone full points and counts them dead (so if team makes it they get 400 points)

3) Until the first panic event (before official finale begins) players cannot spawn and get the message waiting for finale to begin

Any fixes will be appreciated and you will get a "mark of fame" in the map if you help solve one of these or all of these completely.

Pizza Hut Survival

(444)
PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 5:48 pm 
The other thing I would like to add is that I hear no finale music (even when wafflez hears it).

(1422)
PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 6:40 pm 
yes, that error also is sporadic and sometimes theres music and sometimes there isnt, this can go across players and teams (one survivor might hear it while the other wont)

Pizza Hut Survival

(1422)
PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 5:56 am 
bump. can anybody help?
the least yall could do even if you cant help me is to reply saying you cant help me :P that way i know im not being drowned out by 2 second shitty requests that are constantly spammed all day long.

Pizza Hut Survival