L4Dmaps
<a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com/" rel="nofollow" target=_blank>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes
CS:GO Maps and Mods
Let's Build Mapping? created by EranthisAconite
This thread contains 8 posts

(72)
PostPosted: July 10th, 2012, 2:47 pm 
Playing only 3 Let's Build maps on the site, I wouldn't mind making one myself. If you ask me, we could use a few more L.B. maps. Of course the only problem is, I have no clue how to execute all of the obtainables, building, activating and so on and I know there's probably no tutorials covering such a map. Does anyone have any input on making let's build maps?

(610)
PostPosted: July 10th, 2012, 6:02 pm 
Why don´t you ask the creators of the L.B. maps, just P.M. them, meaby you will have more luck with them than you will have here :)

I wish you luck :P

(72)
PostPosted: July 10th, 2012, 11:35 pm 
Dormin wrote:
Why don´t you ask the creators of the L.B. maps, just P.M. them, meaby you will have more luck with them than you will have here :)

I'd love to but I can't imagine asking for something as difficult as mapping help. I can barely figure out how to make a scavenger finale.

(50)
PostPosted: July 11th, 2012, 4:14 am 
EranthisAconite wrote:
Dormin wrote:

I'd love to but I can't imagine asking for something as difficult as mapping help. I can barely figure out how to make a scavenger finale.

Well you are asking for help here so go one step further! Mappers here are generally very helpful and I'm sure they would be happy to hear someone else is trying to create a Let's Build.

On The Saferoom podcast we've talked a lot about our desire for more Let's Build maps, do you have an idea for the theme? In terms of resources sites like World of Level Design are a great place to learn the basic and complex methods in level creation.

70's Smoker (Life's a Beach)
Lifeguard Jockey (Life's a Beach)
Fisherman Charger (Life's a Beach)
Hobo Hunter (Life's a Beach)
Junkie Spitter

(95)
PostPosted: July 11th, 2012, 4:27 am 
The barricades and stuff you build are all prop dynamics, that are either disabled or have their alpha set to 0, they have no draw buttons warped around them, not sure on the func_"name" can't recall it off the top of my head and the base is a custom brush that fades out at about 5 meters done using the fade min and max boxes in the func_brush options.
Not 100% on the weapons I know the buttons are done via hold buttons and are unlocked when the previous button has been "pressed" I'm not sure how the game auto equips the weapons.

Finally the director is disabled and the zombies spawn via inputs and timmers

(549)
PostPosted: July 11th, 2012, 5:23 am 
This is the source files from Let's Build a Rocket page. It contains the VMF's for different props and the tech tree desk for the weapons already made for you like prefabs. Also includes the infected timer's. Pretty much everything you need to learn and build your own "build" map.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h7vu271st98p831

(95)
PostPosted: July 11th, 2012, 12:28 pm 
CrazyRabbit wrote:
This is the source files from Let's Build a Rocket page. It contains the VMF's for different props and the tech tree desk for the weapons already made for you like prefabs. Also includes the infected timer's. Pretty much everything you need to learn and build your own "build" map.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h7vu271st98p831

Awesome, thanks for the link! =D

(72)
PostPosted: July 11th, 2012, 3:37 pm 
Quote:
Well you are asking for help here so go one step further! Mappers here are generally very helpful and I'm sure they would be happy to hear someone else is trying to create a Let's Build.

On The Saferoom podcast we've talked a lot about our desire for more Let's Build maps, do you have an idea for the theme? In terms of resources sites like World of Level Design are a great place to learn the basic and complex methods in level creation.

Well I did try asking and I'm awaiting further replies. I'm trying to go for a scavenger themed gas up concept where players must go out through a series of obstacles to bring gas cans to the autosite, which can be defendable and upgradable. So far I figured a lot out on my own but I'm still running into some common issues.