L4Dmaps
<a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com/" rel="nofollow" target=_blank>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes
CS:GO Maps and Mods
Purple walls and ERRORS in custom maps? Read this first! created by Boing <<
This thread contains 23 posts
1, 2, 3

(200)
PostPosted: April 10th, 2010, 2:16 am 
Before you post a question about Installing a campaign from this site MAKE SURE you got the addon support installed.

This should resolve most Errors

PS: You dont have to start the addon support afterwards. Simply run L4d2 and enjoy some custom campaigns.

(171)
PostPosted: April 10th, 2010, 9:39 am 
Can the mod or admin make this a sticky post so that it stays on top? Otherwise, it'll get bumped down and we'll have more "How i do install?" questions.

If that can be done, delete this post of mine here.

(76)
PostPosted: April 10th, 2010, 10:14 am 
need to add keywords: purple error addon map sky no textures addonlist.txt folder manual install valve support tool left 4 dead 2 steam illegal game pirated version add-on play custom vpk

(45)
PostPosted: April 10th, 2010, 3:29 pm 
hey kompas123,

Good post!!! Good Idea!!!

I was actually going to do this myself but you beat me to it.

Two things,

Firstly, I'd suggest change your title from "read before post" to "All custom maps have purple walls and ERROR"..that way anyone who is "genuinely" looking for help on that issue can see "someone else asking the same question". Once that is stickyed and remains at the top then it will be a good resource for newbies.

Secondly, if you send a nice forum message to iLL (forum admin) and request to then have this post made into a sticky, he can get that arranged for you. Unfortunately, as moderator, i'm unable to do that myself. Admin privileges lol! He doesn't trust me! :x lol

(0)
PostPosted: April 12th, 2010, 10:21 pm 
...wow why doesnt this addon tool just install with the game. thats retarded

(100)
PostPosted: April 12th, 2010, 11:53 pm 
sealteamz6 wrote:

Probably because the add-on support came out well after the game. It's also a mildly large download, so if you're never gonna play custom stuff, why waste disk space?

(3)
PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 12:49 pm 
Sarah wrote:
sealteamz6 wrote:

Probably because the add-on support came out well after the game. It's also a mildly large download, so if you're never gonna play custom stuff, why waste disk space?

also im pretty sure they wanna make it close to imp-ossible to hack that way if someone does hack a copy, they will not be able to access full features

(0)
PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 1:52 pm 
kompas123
Thanx Man
his idea works

(1)
PostPosted: April 28th, 2010, 8:17 am 
hello, I have downloaded add-on support but when i try to run it, it says " Steam error - this game is currently unavailable. Please try again another time "

Whats is wrong?

(1)
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 5:20 am 
"The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes."

thats what i get when i download left 4 dead add-on support. i wait for how many hours already and when i try to download it again it still say the same thing. But i noticed after i press ok and looked into the tools i see Left 4 Dead 2 Add-on Support status: Download starting, so does it really downloading or not? thnx

1, 2, 3