L4Dmaps
<a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com/" rel="nofollow" target=_blank>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes
CS:GO Maps and Mods
Helms Deep error "Server is enforcing consistency" created by maosi
This thread contains 8 posts

(1)
PostPosted: February 25th, 2011, 5:29 am 
Hi I just downloaded the new helmsdeepreborn file yesterday but i keep getting kicked out of games.

It connects fine and my character is IDLE and I can spectate.
But once I click the left mouse button to start playing, I get kicked out with an error message saying
"The Server is enforcing consistency for this file addons/helmsdeepreborn.vpk or something like that.

When I installed the file i unzipped it with 7zip. and Double clicked it. A window popped up saying it has been properly installed. I can play on Local. but what's the point of that right? can't play it online without getting booted. can someone please help?

(1)
PostPosted: May 11th, 2011, 8:04 pm 
Have same issue cant figure out a way to solve it though

(1)
PostPosted: May 30th, 2011, 10:06 am 
Someone please help with this. I have the same thing going on, pretty annoying.

(8)
PostPosted: May 30th, 2011, 7:38 pm 
put it in your root directory instead of double clicking i had this problem 2 and this is how i solved it hope it helps :D

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons

this is for windows 7

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons

i think this is for windows XP

(227)
PostPosted: July 17th, 2011, 9:45 am 
generally, "enforcing file consistency" means you have a different version (possibly newer) than the host of the game you're trying to connect to. There's no way around that, other than hoping they all download the same version of the map as well.

Best bet here is just to start your own game.

also, if you're planning on creating your own campaign - PLEASE specify version # in the download and tell people when you're updating

(1)
PostPosted: June 27th, 2012, 7:49 am 
I'm having the same issue, although i cannot even play single player offline without it crashing with that messege, one difference is that it says something is wrong with one of the special infected's file(it said a smoker's file, and the second time it said it was with the boomers file). I'm not sure if it's related, but everytime i kill a hunter their body stretches out after it dies. I downloaded deathcraft2 and the updated silent hill campaigns, which were working perfect yesturday, and the day before but now do the same as every other campagin. Help will definetly be appreciated.

(452)
PostPosted: June 27th, 2012, 8:01 am 
Have you tried re-downloading ?

How do you like me now Emo @#$%!?

(993)
PostPosted: June 27th, 2012, 10:32 am 
@skarslin - Hi and welcome to the forum -

Try taking the DeathcraftII vpk out of addons temporarily (or disable it in Menu\Extras\Addons) and the hunter-mr.stretchy problem should be solved.

Consistency issue:
Open console (tilde key by default) and type
sv_consistency 0
press enter and type
map
and then press space - then look for Helm's Deep in the list and select it etc.
You should be ok to play the campaign (single player with bots at least) with that method.
Mulit-player may be more tricky to get right.
Good luck