L4Dmaps
<a href="http://www.game-advertising-online.com/" rel="nofollow" target=_blank>Game Advertising Online</a><br> banner requires iframes
CS:GO Maps and Mods
Left 4 dead 2 addon problems? created by xenosagamomo
This thread contains 20 posts
1, 2

(7)
PostPosted: October 6th, 2011, 4:27 pm 
My downloads won't show! I put the downloads in the addons folder, and I click play on left 4 dead 2. I Check the little box that haves the name, of my download on it, But when I play the game, It's not there. /: I never have this problem till now. I don't know if Its, The download file, or Left 4 dead 2. The downloads are from here and I am using the VPK download.
I changed the download file to winzip, But that didn't do anything to help X.X
So, I am really lost with this one and I need help

Should I just re install left 4 dead 2? and steam?

(1)
PostPosted: October 7th, 2011, 12:38 pm 
Try installing the VPK files manually.

So, unpack them form the ZIP/RAR and copy then into the left4dead2\addons folder.

That should do the trick!

(7)
PostPosted: October 10th, 2011, 7:45 pm 
mambobrazil wrote:
Try installing the VPK files manually.

So, unpack them form the ZIP/RAR and copy then into the left4dead2\addons folder.

That should do the trick!

I did that ): nothing

(9)
PostPosted: October 11th, 2011, 1:37 pm 
I am almost certain that the add-on support is now automatically downloaded to your machine... check to see if you have the add-on support installed. Steam, Library, Tools, look in the list for Left 4 Dead 2 Add-on Support and see if it is installed yet. If not try to install it and then try installing your VPK files. I've found just extracting from my unzipping program to my addons folder usually works most of the time... however for a few of them I had to manually drop the VPK file into my Addons folder. Also, I would double check to make sure you do not have "two" addon folders. Here is my path that I use as it may be helpful to you. Please note that yours may NOT match my exactly, but it should help :) C:\Users\username\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons

(7)
PostPosted: October 12th, 2011, 4:22 pm 
I did not have, Add-on support. So, I just downloaded it, but its still not working. I'm thinking its because of, My Hard drive? I put my left 4 dead 2 in there So, Now It's like (FreeAgent GoFlex drive (J:) _Back up-/C_/Steam/steamapps/common/left4dead2/addons

Or, Am I just not using the Add-On support right?

(9)
PostPosted: October 12th, 2011, 7:24 pm 
The add-on support should be automatic. I am just thinking the game itself is not finding your VPK files once you put them into your add-ons folder. I am seeing your directory is as follows.

Steam/steamapps/common/left4dead2/addons

However, mine is
Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons

Take note that I have a "left 4 dead 2" directory then within that I have left4dead2, and inside that folder is my add-ons. Double check yours to see if you have that double. If you do happen to have that double and you do NOT have the addons folder like have shown above ... go ahead and make a new folder in that directory called addons and drop a few of the downloaded vpk files into the new folder, restart the game and see if they show up. To make sure you're looking in the correct area go to the game main menu, extras, add-ons, and you will see a list. Example if you downloaded Questionable Ethics 1.2 you should see it there and it should have a check-mark next to it to make it active. If you see it listed, but not check-- just check it so the game will use it.
IF it doesn't work please delete the folder you made as it wasn't helpful anyway.

I usually do NOT have to restart my game to get the newly added campaigns to show up, but others I know have to restart their game. Why? I honestly do not know, but I would suggest restarting your game after you add a new VPK file just to be sure it is being caught by the game.

(7)
PostPosted: October 13th, 2011, 7:22 pm 
Yeah, Still nothing /:

I do have the left4dead2/ left 4 dead 2 folder
This is, what it says when I start the game.

Code:
me supporting (2) split screen players
maxplayers set to 18
MissionManager:  Mission file "missions/campaign10.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
MissionManager:  Mission file "missions/campaign11.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
MissionManager:  Mission file "missions/campaign12.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
Steam config directory: j:\kirstan_backup\2011-05-28_18-08-41\memeo\2011-05-28_18-08-41\c_\games\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2.exe\platform\config
MissionManager:  Mission file "missions/campaign10.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
MissionManager:  Mission file "missions/campaign11.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
MissionManager:  Mission file "missions/campaign12.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
Unknown command "chet_debug_idle"
Can't use cheat cvar nav_show_area_info in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar rr_thenany_score_slop in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
CAsyncWavDataCache:  0 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity
Duplicate sequence 3 in sheet file
Error! Variable "$blendframes" is multiply defined in material "particle/smoke1/smoke1_add_nearcull"!
NET_GetBindAddresses found 192.168.33.100: 'Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection'
Opened Steam Socket NS_SERVER ( virtual port 27015 ) : listen socket handle( 1 )
Opened Steam Socket NS_CLIENT ( virtual port 27005 ) : listen socket handle( 65538 )
Network: IP 192.168.33.100, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
BinkOpen( j:\kirstan_backup\2011-05-28_18-08-41\memeo\2011-05-28_18-08-41\c_\games\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media\l4d2_background04.bik )
Can't use cheat cvar fog_start in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_end in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_color in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_colorskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_color in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_colorskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_startskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_endskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar r_farz in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar r_farz in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Unable to remove j:\kirstan_backup\2011-05-28_18-08-41\memeo\2011-05-28_18-08-41\c_\games\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons\addonimage.jpg!
Unable to remove j:\kirstan_backup\2011-05-28_18-08-41\memeo\2011-05-28_18-08-41\c_\games\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons\addonimage.jpg!
CGameUIConVarRef cl_ignore_vpk_association doesn't point to an existing ConVar
SignalXWriteOpportunity(1)
---- Host_NewGame ----
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
Host_NewGame on map c1m2_streets
Executing listen server config file
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
Initializing Director's script
Map Bug:  spotlight_beam4 has SpotLightWidth 256.000000 > 102.300003, clamping value
an info_changelevel points to the current map
WARNING: orator at -4908 -2072 560 missing modelname
Attempting to precache model, but model name is NULL
ERROR: Tried to create bone follower on invalid bone joint27
store_doors has Door model (models/props_doors/door_rotate_112.mdl) with no door_options! Verify that SKIN is valid, and has a corresponding options block in the model QC file
store_doors has Door model (models/props_doors/door_rotate_112.mdl) with no door_options! Verify that SKIN is valid, and has a corresponding options block in the model QC file
InstanceAuto10-trafficmessage_script executing script: c1_3_trafficmessage_frequency
Commentary: Loading commentary data from maps/c1m2_streets_commentary.txt.
Initializing Director's script
Sending UDP connect to public IP 127.0.0.1:27015
Server using '<none>' lobbies, requiring pw no, lobby id 0
RememberIPAddressForLobby: lobby 0 from address loopback
CSteam3Client::InitiateConnection: loopback
String Table dictionary for soundprecache should be rebuilt, only found 9752 of 16358 strings in dictionary
String Table dictionary for Scenes should be rebuilt, only found 6768 of 13242 strings in dictionary
   VAC secure mode disabled.

Left 4 Dead 2
Map: c1m2_streets
Players: 1 (0 bots) / 4 humans
Build: 4710
Server Number: 1

CAsyncWavDataCache:  5 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity
Error! Variable "$blendframes" is multiply defined in material "particle/smoke1/smoke1_add_nearcull"!
No pure server whitelist. sv_pure = 0
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file skybox/sky_l4d_c1_1_ldrrt for skybox/sky_l4d_c1_1_hdrrt
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file skybox/sky_l4d_c1_1_ldrbk for skybox/sky_l4d_c1_1_hdrbk
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file skybox/sky_l4d_c1_1_ldrlf for skybox/sky_l4d_c1_1_hdrlf
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file skybox/sky_l4d_c1_1_ldrft for skybox/sky_l4d_c1_1_hdrft
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file skybox/sky_l4d_c1_1_ldrup for skybox/sky_l4d_c1_1_hdrup
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file skybox/sky_l4d_c1_1_ldrdn for skybox/sky_l4d_c1_1_hdrdn
Redownloading all lightmaps
SignalXWriteOpportunity(2)
SignalXWriteOpportunity(2)
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
#Cstrike_TitlesTXT_Game_connected
Receiving uncompressed update from server
NextBot tickrate changed from 0 (0.000ms) to 3 (0.100ms)

Last edited by Rayman1103 on October 13th, 2013, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Added console messages in the code brackets.

(1)
PostPosted: August 1st, 2012, 5:22 am 
Hey dude, I'm having the same problem and I know other people who are having this problem. So it must be a common thing. If someone can show us how to fix it the would be great.

(1)
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 7:54 am 
man, i have the same problem, can help me plz

(609)
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 9:55 am 
make sure you don't have 2 or more addons per same item/character/weapon enabled at the same time, they will conflict.

Final Salvation [Demo]
U.S. Postal Service truck
Repainted van (Painted black with flame)
Repainted van (Painted black)

1, 2